Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday...I usually spend the morning in my sisters first grade classroom helping her with Learning Centers.  However, today they are doing an outdoor activity and I'm not needed.....so I can get my house cleaned in anticipation of our company arriving tomorrow.

Wanted to quickly share a couple of recipes with you...as promised last week!  First my pork roast....so easy and so delish.  I purchase a pork tenderloin roast of about 2-3 lbs.

Pork Tenderloin in Puff Pastry
Ingredients:
Pork tenderloin roast
1 stick butter
dijon mustard
box of dark brown sugar
puff pastry sheet
salt, pepper, rosemary to taste

melt stick of butter in frying pan that's large enough for roast to fit in...I've also used my dutch oven for this step!   While butter is melting slather your entire roast with dijon mustard (I use my hands!).  Then roll the entire roast in the brown sugar....packing the sugar around the roast...yummy!!!!

Place roast in melted butter and cook on each side for 5 minutes....most of the sugar/mustard will come off but that's okay!!!!

Place puff pastry sheet on floured counter top and roll out a bit so it fits around the roast.  Place roast in center of pastry sheet and wrap, sealing edges and ends.  Place on cookie sheet, seam side down.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes....or until meat thermometer registers 165 degrees. YUM!!!!

Let roast rest 10 minutes and then slice....each slice will have puff pastry around it...it's OH SO GOOD.  Even if the pastry falls of a bit when slicing.....still delis.

Reserve some of the butter/mustard/sugar drippings for folks to pour over sliced roast...you will have to heat it up to keep it "liquid" as it wants to harden and caramelize :)

I make this often!!  Looks and seems very fancy but really isn't that hard at all to make.  Everyone loves it!!

Corn Pudding
One box jiffy corn bread muffin mix
2 eggs
1 can creamed corn
3/4 cup milk
3 TBSP sugar
6 TBSP melted butter

Mix all ingredients together and place in greased 2 qt casserole or 9" x 9" cake pan...bake about 40 min at 350 degrees or until center is firm.  You will make this again and again!!  You can kick it up a notch by adding hot sauce , red pepper flakes or peppers if you like it spicy :)

Potato Stuffing
Box of your favorite instant stuffing
small box of instant mashed potato flakes
chicken broth
1 stick butter

Add to pan 2 1/2 cups chicken broth and the stick of butter.  Bring to boil and add box of stuffing mix and   one cup of mashed potato flakes.  Stir and cover.  Set aside for 6 minutes.  Uncover and stir.  Spoon into a greased 2 qt casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.  Serve.   You can add more or less chicken stock depending on consistency you like.  I like mine a bit "wet".  If I have left-overs (a BIG if) I might pour on more chicken stock before re-heating as it dries out a bit in the fridge.

So there u have it!!  My easter dinner menu :)  I also served steamed broccoli and biscuits (Walmart frozen brand...perfect...love them!!!).

We had Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.  I make my 'cake' with bisquick....adding sugar, milk and melted butter....so perfectly tasty with those strawberries and their juice poured over the top and the fretted whipped cream.....ok...stop it...I'm getting hungry!

I've had my 60 minute walk this morning, had my coffee and had my computer time...now I must CLEAN THIS HOUSE - the dust bunnies are taking over!

Until next time.......have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment